bestUV is an innovative manufacturer of professional ultraviolet (UV) water treatment systems for industrial and communal markets. UV reactors are optimized with ‘in-house’ Computational Fluid Dynamics. bestUV selects each unit for its unique application, applying in-depth knowledge of microbiology, chemistry, process and reactor design.
Ultraviolet (UV) light in different industries is used at several points in the water treatment process to protect materials, pipelines and products from micro-organisms, residual disinfectants and organics in the water.
bestUV delivers systems designed for these special requirements, including material certificates (3.1B), FDA-approved components, special construction of the UV measurement device, and any kind of hygienic tri-clamp connection (DIN,
ISO, SMS) used at the site.
These requirements pertain to:
- construction of the UV reactor and quality of welds
- construction of the UV measurement device
- material and roughness of the UV reactor and internals
- type of inlet and outlet connections
- type and material of O-rings
The selected UV reactor and internals are also resistant to high CIP-temperature, resistant to CIP-chemicals and resistant to present residuals.
Example of different UV light applications are:
- disinfection (inactivate present microorganisms)
- de-ozonation (breakdown of ozone)
- de-chlorination (breakdown of free chlorine)
- de-chloramination (breakdown of bounded chlorine)
- TOC-reduction (breakdown of small organic matter)
THE PROCESS TO REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF MICRO-ORGANISMS IN WATER, BY MEANS OF ULTRAVIOLET LIGHT IS CALLED “ULTRAVIOLET DISINFECTION”. IT IS USED IN ALL KINDS OF WATER TO REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF MICRO-
ORGANISMS SUCH AS BACTERIA, PROTOZOA, VIRUSES, FUNGI, ALGAE.